Current Paid Positions
Kamloops, BC--part-time (varies)
New Heights Autism Support Society is looking for Behavior Interventionist to work out of Lillooet, BC and surrounding area.
New Heights Autism Support is a non-profit society that organizes therapy services for children and their families in the Interior of BC. We are looking for Interventionists all over the Interior.
Rate: $18 to $30 per hour (based on training and experience)
What we are looking for:
- Cover Letter, Resume, and References, with email, phone number and position listed for the references.
- Experience with children, especially autism preferred.
- Background training and education as an Educational Assistant or Child and Youth Care Worker. A couple of years of university education in Psychology, Social Work or Education will also be considered as well. A minimum one year of Post Secondary education preferred. Degree, diploma or certificate preferred. (For Kamloops, minimum one year Post Secondary is required.)
- Drivers License, own vehicle with business use insurance required for this position. You may be required to drive to or pick up from family homes.
- Current First Aid or willingness to obtain, clear Criminal Record Check for vulnerable populations required.
- Must be able to take direction from a certified Behavior Consultant, including directions on data analysis and therapy techniques. Must be able to keep records and keep the information confidential to the Society's standards of Policy and Procedure.
- Must be able to adapt and be flexible.
- Must attend regular meetings New Heights Autism organizes, including training, in person or by conference call or phone.
- Must also be able to work both independently and in a team setting with other professionals in the area.
- Hours are flexible and must be available daytime, afternoons, and evenings, sometimes weekends. The schedule is set in collaboration with New Heights Autism and the family. This position is for full-time hours.
- Locations vary. They may be in schools, day cares, in the community, or other space as arranged in consultation with the family. They may also happen in the family home, with the parents in attendance during your sessions.
We invite interested people to apply for this position. We are looking specifically for someone local to the position who is comfortable and experienced with working with First Nations people and families.
Please note that applications without Cover Letter, Resume, and References will be rejected. Also, applications without the educational background we are looking for may be rejected unless one can explain their background and experience with Autism. Also, we are looking for references to be listed with phone number and email, attached to the resume, to allow us to contact them as soon as possible after the interview.
One can apply online by email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line- application for Lillooet BI Position or subject line-application for Kamloops BI position