New Heights Supportive Schooling Options Program
For Special Education and Other Needs
WHY? For some children special needs,the environment of the school is too much.
- 1. Regular school is too loud,
- 2. Too many other children,
- 3. Too many social demands to attend to at once.
- Instead of feeling safe, through no fault of the school system, these children experience too much stress to actually learn, because the environment is always overwhelming.
What We Offer
We can support, with a BC Certified Teacher with experience in subjects from pre-K to 12.
- enrollment in regular school with partial attendance with our program,
- Distributed Learning Programs students that need one on one support,
- student in a Homeschooling Option that needs someone to work with them during the regular school day
- to complete a program set up by the parents,
- supervise the student working on their program while they attend work or other things.
- Or a combination of needs with cross enrollment with these school options.
- Students are helped their work using methods and supports to assist in completing work as needed, by their Independent Education Plan.
Costs: vary depending on the family, child and situation. Funding sources vary depending on the student for this program.
We have spots available, but students need to be school registered. We are asking parents that want this support to contact us and have your registration in progress with any Distributed Learning or Homeschooling Program, or School District or First Nations School, in place. If you are registered in one of these programs, and are encountering difficulty, contact us about how we can help foster success. The next registration date for school registration will be in January 2020. Costs are individual and based on need, funding and circumstances. If the student is already registered in a school program and is experiencing challenges, call us to see if we can help.
If you are looking for this kind of service support, contact us. or call 250 376 0375